Home Staging Consultation vs Home Staging
People call me all the time about the difference between a home staging consultation vs home staging. What’s the difference? In a nutshell, the consultation is a walk through followed up with a list of things for you to do. The home staging is the actual hands-on arranging of your furniture and accessories to create your home’s best model home look.
The home staging consultation
The typical consultation lasts about one hour. It’s a thorough walk through of your house with the home stager’s best advice of what you need to do so your home appeals to the largest number of buyers. This is your opportunity to ask questions like:
- Should we replace the carpet or give a carpet allowance?
- Would it be better to paint the bedrooms a neutral color?
- Is it really necessary to remove some of our furniture?
- Do we really need to remove the wall of family photos?
In the end, the consultation is for you to gather more information that will help your home show better. Remember, the way you live in your home and the way you sell your house are two very different ways.
The home staging
As your home stager, once you’ve completed your punch list of things you need to do, I would come back in and create your best model home selling look. This varies from house to house but on the average home staging, I may:
- Rearrange some of your furniture to create the right flow and balance throughout your house
- Re-accessorize using your things and a combination of mine, if needed, to give your home a new fresh appeal
The difference between the home staging consultation vs home staging is the final preparation before your photo shoot. Just because you declutter and depersonalize your home, that doesn’t necessarily make it “show ready.” Most sellers need that icing on the cake to finish the house off so buyers say, “Wow, I love this place, I want to make an offer!”
The average Realtor will hire a stager for a one hour home staging consultation vs home staging. Your home will look a lot better just by packing up and removing the piles of stuff you’ve accumulated throughout the years.
But your home also needs to show off its features and personality. Some home stagers will recommend clearing all flat surfaces. That is NOT home staging. Think of a model home. You know the one that you personally walked into and fell in love with? Builders pay a lot of money to home stagers and designers so potential home buyers fall in love with a house. When people become emotionally involved, money is no object.
Have your cake and eat it, too. When you list your home with me:
- It starts with the one hour home staging consultation
- You’ll receive a detailed, honey-do list of things to do before I come back
- If needed, I’ll provide you with reasonably priced professionals to complete your home projects
- You’ll learn about my best products and have access to my store discounts
- We’ll strategize your game plan and time frame for selling
- You can call anytime you get stuck and need a little reassurance
- Once you’ve completed your list, I’ll come back for your final home staging
- The icing on the cake is my 7 best kept secrets that other Realtors and home stagers don’t know about
- You can rest assured that my professional photographer captures the best features of your house
- You’ll receive my best tips and tricks for successful showings that lead to multiple offers
It’s all part of my service at no extra charge to you. My 7 best kept secrets are what cause buyers to fall in love, fight over your house and willingly pay you more money for it!
You’ve done the hard work. Don’t drop the ball and skip the home staging. My home stagings make my sellers thousands over asking price. It’s your money, you’re either going to keep it or give it to your buyers.
If you’re thinking of selling, be sure to have a professional home stager design your best home selling look. Even though the market is hot right now, the better your house looks, the more money you’ll make. Call me at (913) 515-3250 or contact me here and let’s see if what I do will work for you.
Curious about your home’s value versus the unpredictable Zillow Zestimate? Click here for a FREE INSTANT ZACCURATE local report of your neighborhood’s activity.
Today’s New Listings – Homes for Sale in Overland Park
$120,000 : 5206 Goodman Lane, Overland Park3 beds, 2 bathsListed with Greater Kansas City Realty
$387,000 : 16260 High Drive, Overland Park5 beds, 4.1 bathsListed with ReeceNichols Leawood
$339,900 : 7919 W 118th Place, Overland Park3 beds, 2.1 bathsListed with EXP Realty LLC
$759,000 : 16217 Belinder Road, Overland Park4 beds, 4.1 bathsListed with Lettiann & Associates RE Serv
$205,000 : 8802 W 95th Terrace, Overland Park4 beds, 2.1 bathsListed with EXP Realty LLC
$424,900 : 17321 Hauser Street, Overland Park5 beds, 4.1 bathsListed with ReeceNichols Overland Park
$250,000 : 11521 Newton Street, Overland Park4 beds, 2.1 bathsListed with Keller Williams Realty Partner
$335,000 : 14514 Birch Street, Overland Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with BHG Kansas City Homes
$385,000 : 5901 W 153rd Terrace, Overland Park4 beds, 3.1 bathsListed with Crown Realty
$299,900 : 9524 Woodson Street, Overland Park4 beds, 2 bathsListed with Century 21 All-Pro
See all Real estate in the city of Overland Park.
(all data current as of 6/18/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.