Home Staging in Overland Park focuses on the top 3 most important steps in selling your home but it’s also one of the most misunderstood concepts.
What is Home Staging?
Home staging is the act of preparing a private residence for sale in the real estate marketplace. The goal of staging is to make a home appeal to the highest number of potential buyers, thereby selling a property more swiftly and for more money.
Home Staging in Overland Park is both a science and an art. The concept of home staging was created in 1973 by Barb Schwarz when she realized homes for sale didn’t show well. Melinda was personally trained by her in 2006 and follows her original concepts and uses her home staging techniques for every house we list for sale. It’s the science of understanding the real estate market, comparing the competition, knowing what today’s buyers want and creating your home’s best look so it appeals to the largest number of buyers.
Myths about Home Staging in General
Home Staging is NOT:
- • furnishing vacant homes – although vacant homes can be prepared for selling and staged
- • clearing all your countertops – but that’s better than leaving everything out
- • putting all of your things away – but you do need to de-clutter
- • one size fits all – but there are certain things that need to be done to every house
Home Staging is:
- • creating a Red Carpet, model home look that will appeal to the most buyers
- • bringing a hip, freshness into your home that will set it apart from the competition
- • providing a flow and balance of your furniture and accessories that welcome buyers and allows them to be swept off their feet
- • giving your home the right attitude, emotion and style that speaks to today’s home buyers
Our Home Staging Process
Once your home has undergone any updating or necessary maintenance items, it is ready to be transformed to make a RED CARPET statement. Our signature “Now to WOW!” Home Selling Magic is a 3 step process:
- Do you need to know what to do to update your home in order to compete in the marketplace? We’re up-to-date on trends, colors, etc. and want to help you save money with your projects. Ask us about our discounts we have with local vendors.
- De-cluttering and de-personalizing are mandatory to help you pre-pack for your upcoming move. You’ve got to look like you’re ready for the offers to come rolling in!
- Styling your house is where we shine. We use our 7 little known home staging secrets that draw buyers in and cause them to fall in love, buy your house faster and willingly pay you more money!
Knowing what to pack up and what to leave out is the tricky part. That takes a certain eye and talent as a stylist. You can pack things up and move them out but creating your best home selling look using your own things is where we excel. Any house, in any price range or neighborhood goes through our “Now to WOW!” transformation so even you will be amazed! We will create a look that will make your home stand out from your competition. Since Melinda is also a licensed Realtor, she knows what sells, what’s hot, what your competition looks like and how you stack up. When your house looks better than your competition, you’ve won the home selling game.
There are 2 different home staging plans available for our home selling clients:
- • Occupied homes – our “Now to WOW!” Home Staging is available for all of our client occupied homes. We will totally re-style and stage your home using your things and filling in with our accessories as necessary.
- • Vacant homes – our inventory of furniture and accessories is available for staging vacant homes. Be sure to contact us before listing your home for sale with another Realtor. We will save you valuable time and money by providing you with our complete inventory of furniture and accessories plus hands-on home staging and styling at a minimal investment to you.
About Another Staged Home
Another Staged Home was founded in 2006 by Melinda Bartling, a licensed Realtor since 1987 and is based in Overland Park, KS. Melinda saw the real need for helping home sellers create a DROP DEAD, GORGEOUS “model home” look so their home would sell faster and for more money.
“Too many sellers are giving away their hard earned equity by their houses being on the market too long.”
Another Staged Home functions as the exclusive Now to WOW! Home Staging Services for Melinda’s 3 Step Smart Seller Home Selling System, Prepare. List. SELL! Melinda knows that every house that comes on the market needs to go through the home staging process. It’s the same as a celebrity being styled for the Red Carpet. You have one chance to make a first impression when selling your home.
Our “Now to WOW! Home Staging creates the emotional feeling that buyers get when looking for the right home. Just like the celebrities, we know how to create and make a Red Carpet Statement that will cause your house to sell faster and for more money. You do want more money don’t you?
Staging and styling a home is imperative when selling in today’s Overland Park real estate market. You are competing in a beauty contest and price war. Another Staged Home helps you understand the concept of precise home staging principles that work time and time again to sell Melinda’s average home within 3 days of coming on the market, with multiple offers and for list price or more. Statistics show that staged homes sell on the average – 50% faster and for 7% more money than homes that aren’t staged.
Selling a home isn’t always fun but when you get more money faster – it’s lots of fun! Check out our home staging packages here, or call Melinda at (913) 515-3250 to see how she can help you get your home sold faster and for more money!