Is Selling Over the Holidays Right for You?
If you’re considering selling your home over the holidays, here’s a list of questions you should ask yourself.
1. Would one of your neighbors hinder the sale?
2. Do you have small children and not decorating just wouldn’t be right?
3. Are you obsessed and you must have your 64 piece angel collection out on the buffet because you do it every year – it’s a family tradition?
4. Not decorate? You would never hear the end of it from their friends and other family members!
5. The kids would question whether or not Santa would find your house.
6. What do you mean we can’t hang the 8 stockings over the mantle – we’ve been doing that for 20 years?
7. We always decorate every room in the house – it’s what we do!
8. Christmas is more important than selling the house!!!
If, however, you are willing to stage your home the way buyers want to see it, you have a definite advantage. Most sellers wait until after the holidays to list their homes, so there is less competition for you. Also, buyers who are looking during the holidays are SERIOUS about buying a new home. It’s up to you to weigh the pros and cons and decide what’s best for you.
Here are some homes currently on the market in Overland Park:
$289,900 : 13412 W 126th Street, Overland Park3 beds, 2.1 bathsListed with Keller Williams Realty Partner
$150,000 : 8729 Walmer Street, Overland Park2 beds, 3 bathsListed with ReeceNichols College Blvd
$299,000 : 6316 W 101st Place, Overland Park4 beds, 2.1 bathsListed with ReeceNichols Leawood
$180,000 : 10435 Ash Street, Overland Park3 beds, 3.1 bathsListed with Keller Williams Diamond Part
$160,000 : 5120 Goodman Lane, Overland Park3 beds, 2 bathsListed with Keller Williams Plaza Partners
See all Real estate in the city of Overland Park.
(all data current as of 11/17/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.