The Real Estate Shift is Coming!
It’s predicted we’re headed into another real estate shift locally in the very near future. If you’re thinking of selling next spring, you may want to rethink things.
10 great reasons to sell your home now before the real estate shift hits
- One of the best times of the year to sell your home is between Halloween and New Year’s Day. Right now, buyers are in a festive and buying mood.
- Interest rates are the lowest they have ever been. The benefit to you is the price of your home is more affordable to more buyers.
- There is less inventory in the fall. Many people who are considering selling are all waiting until after the first of the year. Next year, all of these houses will be competing in the spring market. When inventory is up, prices go down. When inventory is down, prices go up. Wouldn’t you rather compete with 5 or 6 houses rather than 30?
- There are plenty of local buyers out there. They are waiting for great houses that look good and that are priced right to come on the market.
- Many buyers are taking vacation days before the end of the year and have more time to look at homes.
- Lots of buyers need to buy and close by December 31st.
- Many sellers don’t want to be bothered with showings over the holidays. You can always restrict showings for certain days and times if you are having family functions. (Years ago, I had a big 3 story home on the market in Hyde Park. My seller actually turned down a showing because they were having a birthday party for one of their little boys. I encouraged him to let the buyers come in during the party. The buyers from New Jersey had children the same ages as the seller. The kids got to hang out at the party and it allowed the parents to look at the huge home and to see how the sellers actually lived in the house. They bought their house).
- January is the biggest relocation month of the year. Many transferees coming to the Kansas City area look for a home during November and December because they know that as soon as the holidays are over, they will be moving. The holidays are a great time to sell – everything seems to look a little better – especially to relocating families.
- Rumor has it that another real estate shift is coming down the pike. When will it hit? It’s already starting in other parts of the country. Prices are going to adjust downwards. You’ll end up selling for less money during the shift than right now.
- Timing is everything in real estate. Probably the biggest reason to sell your home now is the fact that we’re still in a great market. You never know what will happen in an election year and how it might affect the real estate market and your money. Do the math here and figure out what it’s going to cost you financially to wait to sell your house.
If you are thinking of selling next spring, call me at (913) 515-3250 or contact me here and let’s get your plan in place and see if it makes sense to sell sooner than later. After all, it’s your money!
Today’s New Listings – Homes for Sale in Overland Park
$244,500 : 8706 Benson Street, Overland Park3 beds, 3 bathsListed with Platinum Realty LLC
$419,900 : 15621 Pawnee Street, Overland Park3 beds, 3.1 bathsListed with ReeceNichols Town Center
$325,000 : 9709 W 103rd Terrace, Overland Park4 beds, 2.1 bathsListed with Baron Realty
$499,990 : 17308 Noland Street, Overland Park4 beds, 4 bathsListed with Weichert Realtors Graham Welch
$899,000 : 11901 W 148th Street, Overland Park5 beds, 4.1 bathsListed with RE/MAX Premier Realty
$179,000 : 7200 Outlook Street, Overland Park3 beds, 2 bathsListed with Realty Executives
$375,000 : 15435 Nall Avenue, Overland Park3 beds, 2 bathsListed with Realty Executives
$475,000 : 12010 W 130th Street, Overland Park4 beds, 4.1 bathsListed with ReeceNichols Leawood
$529,000 : 12350 W 128th Terrace, Overland Park4 beds, 4.1 bathsListed with Platinum Realty LLC
$185,000 : 7110 W 72nd Street, Overland Park3 beds, 2 bathsListed with BHG Kansas City Homes
See all Real estate in the city of Overland Park.
(all data current as of 10/22/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.