10 Reasons Not to Wait Until Spring to Sell Your Home!
1. Buyers are in a festive and buying mood.
2. Interest rates are the lowest they have ever been. The benefit to you is the price of your home is more affordable to more buyers.
3. There is less inventory in the fall (typical) as most people who are considering selling are all waiting until after the first of the year. All of these houses will be competing and when inventory is up, prices go down. When inventory is down, prices go up. I would rather compete with 5 or 6 houses rather than 30.
4. There are plenty of local buyers out there. They are waiting for great houses that look good and are priced right to come on the market.
5. More buyers are taking vacation days before the end of the year and have more time to look at homes.
6. Many buyers need to buy and close by December 31st.
7. Many sellers don’t want to be bothered with showings over the holidays. You can always restrict showings for certain days and times if you are having family functions. (Years ago, I had a big 3 story home on the market in Hyde Park. My seller actually turned down a showing because they were having a birthday party for one of their little boys. I encouraged him to let the buyers come in during the party. The buyers from New Jersey had children the same ages as the seller. The kids got to hang out at the party and it allowed the parents to look at the huge home and to see how the sellers actually lived in the house. They bought their house).
8. January is the biggest relocation month of the year. Many transferees coming to the Kansas City area look for a home during November and December because they know that as soon as the holidays are over, they will be moving. The holidays are a great time to sell – everything seems to look a little better – especially to relocating families.
9. Rumor has it that all of the foreclosures that have been withheld, will be released and there will be an onslaught of them coming on the market for the next two years. Most of the holding companies make no repairs so these houses coming on the market will have been vacant for as long as 3 years and will have major damage due to no utilities being on in these vacant homes causing broken pipes, foundation issues, mold, etc. The price to fix repairs such as these is costly. These types of homes sell to investors who pay cash and are willing to fix them and make a profit. Lenders will not make loans on houses like these because they are a high risk. When they sell cheap, they bring down market values which affects all of us.
10. Probably the biggest reason to sell now is the fact that we’ve had a good market this year. We aren’t sure where the market will be next year.
Naturally, the best time to sell is when you are ready. And we never know what the future is going to bring in this crazy economy.
Here are some homes currently on the market in Kansas City:
$179,888 : 10524 Clubhouse Drive, Kansas City2 beds, 3.1 bathsListed with Platinum Realty LLC
$69,900 : 4314 Paseo Boulevard, Kansas City3 beds, 1 bathListed with Platinum Realty LLC
$189,888 : 10526 Clubhouse Drive, Kansas City3 beds, 3.1 bathsListed with Platinum Realty LLC
$295,000 : 12811 Locust Street, Kansas City3 beds, 3.1 bathsListed with D M F & Associates LLC
$330,000 : 200 E 51st Terrace, Kansas City4 beds, 3 bathsListed with Canopy Road Real Estate LLC
See all Real estate in the city of Kansas City.
(all data current as of 11/17/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.