The Home Buying Process
What’s your home buying process to find the home of your dreams?
• How will you find the right house?
• Which lender will you choose for your home loan?
• Who will guide you through the home buying process?
• Why do you need a buyer’s agent to represent you?
Who will answer all the questions you have starting right now?
My Home Buying Process is a 3 Step Plan:
Step 1 – The Buyer Questionnaire
The very first thing you need to do when starting the home buying process is to complete the Home Buyer Information Sheet. This will give me an idea of exactly what your goals are in buying a home and how I can best assist you. Click here to get started.
Step 2 – Get Pre-Qualified
Once you fill out your Buyer Information Sheet, the second step is to get pre-qualified over the phone by one of my “preferred” lenders. Here’s what you’ll learn based on your credit score:
• What type of loan will work for you (FHA, Conventional, VA)
• The maximum amount you will be able to borrow
• How much you will need for a down payment based on your loan type
• Your potential interest rate
• Your estimated monthly house payment including PITI (principal, interest, taxes and insurance)
• Plus the estimated amount of money you will need at the time of closing (including your down payment, closing costs and prepaid items)
This pre-qualification is the first step to your pre-approval for your home loan. Your lender will require certain documents before they can issue you a “pre-approval” letter. But this is a good start.
Contact me here to get a verbal pre-qualification over the phone and to get your pre-approval process started.
Step 3 – The Home Buyer Consultation
The third step is to schedule a time to meet with me in person. We want to make sure you are looking for a home in my areas of specialization – Overland Park, Olathe, or Leawood. We’ll discuss where you think you want to live, discuss your home buying goals and to answer any questions you may have regarding your loan.
At that time, if you are a first time buyer, I will go through the entire home buying process and will provide you with the handout that is used at my Overland Park home buyer workshops, “Buying Your First Home May Be Easier than You Think.”
If you’re not a first time buyer, we will discuss what has changed in buying a home since you last bought.
Are you relocating from out of town? We will review local home buying basics that may be different from what you are accustomed to.
Ready to get started? Call me at (913) 515-3250 or contact me here to answer any questions and to get more information.