Choosing New Kitchen/Bath Countertops for Your Overland Park Home
It seems as if every homeowner in Overland Park wants granite countertops for their kitchen or bath, no matter what the price range of the home. And in today’s market, every home buyer is expecting it. If you’re considering adding granite to your kitchen, do your homework first. Granite countertops come in a wide array of quality, colors and patterns. Your first decision is in choosing the right granite for your kitchen or bath project.
Neutral tones are probably your best choice. Everyone tends to like the browns and beiges. Black is a very classy look. As in any remodeling project, one thing usually leads to another. Here are some things to think about when considering granite or any hard surface countertops:
- Since I’m always thinking resale, if you choose to sell, will your choice of granite be something everyone will like? Odd colors in granite are a huge turnoff to buyers and you may tire of them yourself.
- Will you also need to replace your backsplash?
- What about your kitchen sink and faucet?
- Will your current cabinet finish go with the granite?
- What about the cabinet hardware?
- And then you need to think about the flooring
- Did you consider the appliances?
- How about your lighting?
- Does the whole “look” go together
Installing granite is one of the best upgrades you can make when updating your kitchen. Just remember though, one change typically will lead to more changes. Adding granite to your kitchen and not updating the rest of the kitchen will not lead to success. Plan your granite project carefully and make sure all the pieces of the puzzle fit before you get started. It’s like getting a new dress and wearing old shoes – it somehow loses it’s appeal.
Need help selecting what granite countertops would work best for your kitchen or bath remodel? Call me today to schedule a one hour “Now to WOW” Granite Consultation at (913) 515-3250 or get started here.