Home Size3,768 sqft
Days on Market1
Finding a Realtor to List Your Home for Sale in Overland Park
When it comes to finding a Realtor to list your home for sale in Overland Park, how do you choose? Listing your home for sale is a huge endeavor and you should choose your Realtor based on what your needs are – it is something that should never be left to chance nor should it be taken lightly. Real estate is a personal service business. How do you choose a doctor, hair stylist, massage therapist? Do you have any idea how to hire the right agent for your needs?
Here are some questions to ask yourself before hiring a real estate agent:
- What do you want to happen when you put your home on the market?
- What are your needs?
- Do you want an agent who is going to tell you the truth or tell you what you want to hear?
- Do you want someone who is going to aggressively market your home and has a plan to do that?
- How soon do you want to move? Do you want to sell in 30 days or are you ok with being on the market for 6 months or more?
What do you expect your Realtor to do for you? All real estate agents do a few things in common:
- Put a sign in the yard and a lockbox on the door
- Put your house in MLS, on the internet and on Realtor tour
- Hold it open on occasion
- Pray it sells
Is that enough to get your house sold in this competitive market? Many people have told me that once their house gets in MLS, it will sell. Everybody thinks their house will sell. In the Kansas City area, there’s an average of 15,000 houses for sale any given month. About 2,500 of them sell a month. What happens to the 12,500 that don’t sell? And why don’t they sell? The agent doesn’t get the job done.
Here are 10 areas to consider before finding a Realtor to list your house for sale in Overland Park:
- First things first, check out their website, do they have their own site or a page provided by their company? What’s their background, how long have they been in business?
- Do they have a niche focus or do they work with everyone?
- Give them a call, do they answer their phone?
- Are they part of a team and if so, will you get passed around the team?
- Invite them over, what’s your first impression?
- What’s their opinion about the market and what’s the average days on the market for their listings?
- Are they very generic and just follow the company marketing plan or do they think outside the box?
- How do they feel about the pricing of your home? Are they telling you a price that is not realistic only to take your listing and keep reducing the price until it sells?
- Every real estate transaction has ups and downs, problems and solutions. What problems have they solved recently?
- Do you like this person? Remember, the results you get depend on the Realtor you choose…choose carefully
Want to know more about me and how I sell houses quickly and for more money? I would love to show you how my “Main Attraction Marketing Plan” works by design, not default. Contact me here or call me at (913) 515-3250.
Here are some homes currently for sale in Overland Park:
- List View
- Map View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 8/24/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.