Is This a Good Time to Buy a House in Overland Park?
Last Sunday’s open house proved to me that there are plenty of buyers looking for good houses to buy. To have 20+ parties come through a Sunday open house was an all time record for me. It was a cold day, the Chiefs were playing in San Diego and yet there were lots of people that came out to see my house for sale. There were 3 open houses within a block of each other that day and I asked everyone that came through how mine compared to the others. I wanted to know what all of these buyers wanted in a home. This was the overall concensus:
- They liked the floor plan of my home the best
- My house had the best kitchen of the three (yippee)
- Mine was the cleanest – nothing to do here but move in
That affirms what all buyers want in the home they buy:
- A great floor plan
- An awesome kitchen
- Clean and turn-key ready with nothing to do
If you are considering selling anytime in the near future, please let me know. I have many ready, willing and able buyers who would like to buy a house soon – maybe yours.
What I really discovered was that most of the buyers I talked to had no idea what the next step would be once they found the home they wanted to buy. Our next first time buyer workshop, “Buying Your First Home May Be Easier than You Think” will be held on Tuesday evening January 14th, 2014 from 6:30 – 8:00. It’s designed to answer these questions:
- Are you an A, B, or C buyer?
- What’s the easiest 10 step process to buy a home?
- Is this the best time for you to buy?
- Could your house payment actually be less than what you are paying in rent?
- How much money do you need to buy a house?
- Why should you get pre-approved for your home loan before you start looking for a house?
- How can an experienced Realtor save you time and money?
- What are the top 5 mistakes to avoid when buying a home?
You can sign up for our next buyer workshop in one of the following ways:
- Send an email to email@example.com with EVENT in the subject line
- At www.melindabartling.com, go to the buyers tab dropdown and register there
- Call or text Melinda at (913) 515-3250