Lot Size12,633 sqft
Home Size2,613 sq ft
Days on Market0
How to Choose a Great Listing Agent
If you’re thinking of selling your Overland Park home, here are 6 top tips on how to choose a great listing agent:
- Skills – whether it’s marketing and staging your home or negotiating your contract, a great listing agent is worth their weight in gold. Their expertise and knowledge can be priceless. No two agents are the same. Do your homework and find the for your situation.
- Pricing – a great listing agent knows how to price your home “in the market” so it sells versus “on the market” to sit. They can also drum up multiple offers so you sell your home faster and for more than asking price. You did want the most money didn’t you? Every agent should know their statistics. Ask the agent you’re considering hiring what their average days on the market is for the homes they sell. You want their statistics – not their office statistics or stats from the Multiple Listing Service. If it’s over 10 or they don’t know, they may not be the right agent for you. Why? They may not be pricing their homes to sell. There are lots of top agents that overprice their listings to get your business. That’s not the way to get the most money. Don’t let that happen to you.
- Negotiating – negotiating contracts comes with experience PERIOD. Every transaction is different, it comes with many players and personalities. A great listing agent will have a strategy of how to negotiate multiple contracts so you benefit from getting more money.
- Paperwork – as Realtors, we do EVERYTHING in writing. You might verbally agree to something but it’s not final until everybody has signed. All parties must agree to all terms of the contract before you “have a deal.” Today’s contracts are close to 40 pages by the time all documents are added. All paperwork is initialed and signed by both buyers and sellers. All parties should understand the terms and conditions.
- Protecting your best interests – the Realtor you hire will determine the results you get. A great listing agent should be there for you and protect your best interests from the beginning to the close of escrow and beyond. This is long term relationship. An experienced real estate agent will be able to provide you with many resources during the transaction. Realtors live for referrals and the best way to get them is to give extraordinary service. This includes communication which is the #1 complaint from sellers. If the agent you’re considering hiring to sell your home is hard to reach, they will probably continue to be hard to reach.
- Customer satisfaction – a great listing agent should have a number of references and testimonials from other sellers they have helped. Ask if they are a Five Star Professional Agent and ask to see proof. They should have that award on their website or a listing from the KC Magazine where all the winners were announced. As I said, the results you get will be determined by the real estate agent you hire. Choose carefully!
These are 6 top tips you should consider when pondering how to choose a great listing agent. Selling your home is your largest investment and should be handled by a professional with a track record of producing successful results. It’s a business transaction that should be taken seriously. It’s your money!
If you’re thinking of selling your home in Overland Park, I’d like to apply for the job. Let me show you how my sellers benefit from my marketing plan, receive more money faster and with the least inconvenience. Call me direct at (913) 515-3250.
Today’s New Listings – Homes for Sale in Overland Park
- List View
- Map View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 5/22/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.