Home Size1,033 sq ft
Days on Market1
Have You Organized Your Garage for Spring?
If you’ve been working on cleaning and purging the rest of the house, have you organized your garage for spring and checked the condition of your outdoor tools? Your weekly schedule will be changing shortly with the addition of lawn maintenance and you need to be ready. With spring like weather this weekend, it will be a perfect opportunity to clean out the garage and check the condition of your yard tools. June 1st will be too late to take the mower in for service. Experts are saying you can mow one time short right now.
The first thing you should do is to take inventory of your tools. Which items are beyond repair? Which tools need attention? Just as with your closet, you should look at each tool and decide if you need to do anything. Do they need repair, service, or do you need to shop for new ones?
- Including lawnmowers, edgers and tillers
- They should be tuned up every year
- Blade sharpening should be done 3-4 times every season, depending on use
- It’s helpful to have an extra blade to use while the other one is being sharpened
- Proper maintenance will extend the life of all your machines
Other lawn tools:
- This includes your sheers and pruners
- Spray the joints with WD-40
- Clean up with alcohol
- Sharpen the blades with a file
- Shovels and hoes
- Remove any rust with WD-40
- Soak in white vinegar overnight if WD-40 doesn’t remove the rust
If organizing your garage is not your thing to do, please call me at (913) 515-3250 or contact me here. I will be happy to refer you my #1 guy that will have your garage organized and looking amazing in no time.
Today’s New Listings – Homes for Sale in Overland Park
- List View
- Map View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 7/19/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.