Are you looking for a Home Staging Course in Overland Park? Do you love watching the design shows on television? Have you dreamed about starting your own business as a home stager? If you’re in or close to Overland Park, KS, here’s your opportunity to train to become a “Home Staging Stylist!” Now is the perfect time with a booming real estate market that we’re currently experiencing.
Before checking our “Course Content,” of our Overland Park home staging classes, you will need to understand our concept of the home staging process. We believe home staging is the art of decluttering, depersonalizing and rearranging what the sellers have in their home in order to make their home appeal to the largest number of home buyers so they sell their home faster and for more money. And, in today’s market, the right staging will bring the right buyers.
The home staging business can expand into numerous areas around design, redesign and rearranging. The sky is the limit once you break into this field. If you want to learn the actual staging techniques that will make you, as a home staging specialist, stand out from your competition and build a lucrative home staging and beyond business, check out our “Course Content” to get a glimpse into what you’ll learn. Home staging classes are limited in size in order to maximize our time together and productivity – so grab your spot today!
This is a fresh, fast paced, two day, weekend course that is now being offered 4 times a year.
“Home Staging Stylist”
Sign up now for the next Home Staging Stylist class session in 2020:
Saturday & Sunday, January 18, 2020 and January 19, 2020
Class size is limited and classes fill quickly!
See the 2 Day Intensive Course Content here:
Saturday Class 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
“Fast & Furious Home Staging 101 Plus Hands-On Home Staging”
Day One – Saturday Morning, 9-12 Classroom Instruction – “Introduction to Home Staging”
Objectives of this course to become a Home Staging Stylist:
- Home staging defined and understanding the concept
- Why stage? What are the benefits? Why it works?
- Staging statistics – how much faster and for how much more money do staged homes sell?
- What services will you offer?
- Staging in the local market, what works, what doesn’t work and why
- Staging guidelines and techniques to live by
- Room by room checklist
- Exterior checklist
- How to create that “model home” look and feel
Working with sellers and their anxieties and attachment issues:
- Seller objections and how to handle them
- How to pre-qualify a client and determine their needs
- Consultations versus stagings
- Client walk-thru to develop to do list
12-1 Working Lunch – looking at properties online – learning to identify what to correct by looking at photos online. This is a great exercise to see what your perception is and if you have the ability to search out the staging flaws in photos.
Day One – Saturday Afternoon, 1-4 Actual Hands-On Home Staging
“Meet the Clients and Stage Your First Home – Start to Finish”
Assessing the client needs as a Home Staging Stylist
- What is the process?
- Questioning techniques – things to ask, what to say, how to say it and when to say it
- Using your “14 Steps”
- Remembering the “Rule of 3”
- Techniques of taking before and after photos
- Client reaction
- Getting testimonials and referrals
- Invoicing the client
Sunday Class 9:00 a.m. – 4 p.m. “Getting Down to Business Plus Hands-On Home Staging”
Day Two – Sunday Morning, 9-12 Classroom Instruction – Getting Started Checklist –
“Setting Up Your Overland Park Home Staging Business”
Establishing your business as a Home Staging Stylist
- Choosing a company name and tag line
- Selecting a domain name
- Creating a logo and branding your business
- What’s your vision?
- Setting your goals
Do you have a home office? Creating space to do business
- How to set fees and options for payment
- Forms you’ll need to do business
- Scripts to use
- Creating a portfolio
- Marketing your business – who is your target market? Finding your niche
- How there’s enough business for everyone
- Working with Realtors
How to find business – brainstorming session
- Networking for fun and profit
- Creating your 30 second commercial
- Donating your services
- Creating strategic alliances
- Other resources on starting a business
12-1 Working Lunch – review of your notes from yesterday’s home staging and discuss what you learned, what you need to work on and what scares you.
Day Two – Sunday Afternoon, 1-4 Home Staging –
“Round 2 with Different Players and a Whole New Situation”
Cost for 2 full days of Overland Park Home Staging Classes and 2 “hands on” home stagings is $995. Class size is limited. Sign up for Home Staging Stylist course here.
Due to the small class sizes and limited availability of the courses, refunds are not available. Please be sure you can attend the Overland Park Home Staging Stylist classes before signing up. Should you not be able to attend after signing up, please contact me and we will find another course session that will work for your schedule.
More questions about Home Staging Stylist classes? Contact me here .