Home Size3,547 sq ft
Days on Market1
Home Staging in a Shifting Real Estate Market
The local chapter of the Real Estate Staging Association invited me to speak last week about the upcoming shifting real estate market. I appreciated the opportunity to share my thoughts with these other professional home stagers.
It’s predicted that we are headed into a shifting real estate market. If and when it happens, the art of home staging will become even more imperative than it is now.
Getting home sellers and Realtors onboard to understand the importance of home staging is a home stager’s biggest obstacle. There are so many Realtors that don’t realize that homes that have been well staged sell faster and for more money. This was proven recently with one of my listings. I called it Home Staging Wars.
As a Realtor for the last 29 years and a home stager for 10 years, I know what sellers are saying, what buyers are telling me and I see homes everyday that don’t show well. It can be very frustrating!
My goal speaking to the local RESA chapter was to help the other home stagers understand everyone’s mindset about home staging.
Mindsets in a shifting real estate market:
- Sellers don’t want to spend any more money on a house they are leaving
- Buyers have money to spend on a house and are willing to pay more for a home that’s been well staged. They want and expect to be impressed! A home that hasn’t been staged is unacceptable.
- Not all Realtors understand the benefits of home staging and oftentimes look at it as an expense versus an investment
Benefits of joining a local RESA chapter
- Recognition and exposure
- Networking with other home stagers, Realtors, lenders and title companies
- A members-only social networking group
- Opportunities to teach educational classes to your peers
- A platform to make a positive change in the industry
- Peer to peer support and encouragement from other chapter team members
Every home seller benefits from staging their home. When my houses sell faster, with multiple offers and for over asking price, it’s proof that home staging works.
If you are considering selling your home in Overland Park or surrounding areas, please call me at (913) 515-3250 or contact me here. Let’s discuss how you can sell your home faster, keep more of your own money and move on to the next phase of your life before the real estate market shifts.
Today’s New Listings – Homes for Sale in Overland Park
- List View
- Map View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 4/18/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.