Home Size1,033 sq ft
Days on Market1
Great Perks for Winter Home Buying
In yesterday’s post, I talked about selling homes over the holidays. Listings that sell in December create winter home buying success stories.
Congratulations to Kelsey and Matt on buying their first home. They closed on their home and moved on the day we had our first snow. That’s about the only downfall of buying a home in winter. Other than that, winter home buying has many benefits.
Fantastic perks to winter home buying
- Home prices are typically less in winter than in the spring
- There are less buyers to compete with – many buyers are waiting for the spring market
- You have a greater opportunity to negotiate a better price – sellers are more motivated to sell now than accumulating more days on the market
- Sellers are more negotiable with all aspects of the transaction in the dead of winter than in the heat of the market
- There are better deals on things you need for the house – especially before and after the holidays
- If you close by the end of the year, you may receive tax benefits for that year
- Did I mention interest rates? Interest rates are lower now for winter home buying and should be higher by the spring market.
There’s still time to save
We still have a couple of months before the spring market hits with a vengeance. Everybody wants to sell in the spring. Everybody wants to buy in the spring. Be different. Do yourself a favor and benefit from the winter home buying process. Who knows, you might even save some money!
If you’re ready to get started, call or text me at (913) 515-3250 and let’s sit down for a one hour buyer consultation. Or sign up for our next FREE home buyer workshop in Overland Park on January 24th at 6:00 p.m. Bring your questions and get answers to all of your home buying questions.
Today’s New Listings – Homes for Sale in Overland Park
- List View
- Map View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 7/19/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.